My friends! In a time where ABBA and honey, or both at the same time, seem most thrilling to me you might think things are not going really well. It’s something, however, and I am gonna endow you with some sweet guilty pleasures, too. Same rights for everyone.
So, I planned on going to the Ticino (the Italian part of Switzerland) with my friend tomorrow and I hoped that I would be able to come back with a lot of charming insipration and a pinch of mediterraneo for you guys. Turns out you might need to get prepared for some soaking wet ideas: If you believe in the weather forecast (which is testing my trust a lot recently), then it will pour with rain next week. Well, all I can do now is hope that the weather forecast doesn’t decide to turn out to be right for once. Or that we get sudden inspiration where else to go. The place summer decided to go to a couple of weeks ago, for example. I don’t know where that is, though. Any hints are welcome!
Anyways, back to more graspable stuff. More fun stuff. More reliable stuff. Food, basically.
I baked for the first time in like a thousand years yesterday. And well, looking at my casserole you can tell. Half of the guilty pleasure still sticks there and it’s quite persistent. But, insider’s tip from your kitchen-slob #1: you can save everything with a thick layer of sweet topping. Almost everything (not the casserole, though). So I saved what I could save and I was astonished to acknowledge that the result tasted more than okay. Also, it’s almost vegan (sometimes there just isn’t a substitute for honey). And pretty healthy. And there is a lot of coffee in there to keep you going. And chocoloate, honey and vanilla. So turn up ABBA, don’t get killed by the honey (seems to be likely, though, according to their song), and go prepare yourself some of these:
(almost) Vegan Honey-Mocca-Brownies with Cashewbutter-Topping
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt-flour
- 2 cups ground cashews
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 vanilla beans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons coffee
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 20 pecan nuts
- mix flour, coffee, cocoa, cashews, cane sugar, baking soda and cinnamon
- preheat a pan with coconut milk, coconut oil, honey and inner of vanilla beans and let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- blend all ingredients and stir well
- grease a large baking mould (like, really well) and preheat the oven to 180°
- bake for about 30 minutes, meanwhile blend cashew butter with honey and coffee
- let the brownies cool down, then cut and top with cashew butter and one pecan nut
- ENJOY with more coffee (depending on your wakefulness)
See you soon, my sweet honey bees!